* Written by students, this ‘introduction’ section is meant to be a ‘beginners’ introduction, it provides a basic overview. If you are visiting for the first time, you can also see the simple intro workshop site.
Madhyasth Darshan or ‘Coexistential Thought’ is the name for a set of propositions about reality. It has come about via original existential exploratory-research by (late) Shri A Nagraj of Amarkantak, India (originally from Hassan, Karnataka). It is a new discovery of the fundamental nature of the Universe, Human Being, Consciousness & Human purpose. It discusses the nature of matter, conscious, space & evolution and thus demystifies the human being and existence.
This comprehensive knowledge system (darsana) examines all dimensions of human life: the existential-experiential, intellectual, logical-rational, emotional-behavioral & occupational. It has solutions for the myriad problems all of us face, the world faces.
This is an ‘existence based human focused contemplation’. It is being presented here as an ‘Alternative’ to Materialism/Science and Theism/Spiritualism for evaluation and study by mankind. The aims, content, process and outcomes (lifestyle) proposed in Madhyasth Darshan are different from those in Materialism & Spiritualism.
This is not based on any caste, religion or sect, but on natural laws, on reality – in a way that every human can understand them in his/her own right and live with this understanding.
This understanding comes in living: Madhyasth Darshan enables freedom from prevailing criminal mentality, freedom from ignorance (delusion) and freedom from communal mentality between peoples via consciousness development .
This philosophy has sound proposals to resolve our current issues such as:
- Personal strife and meaninglessness
- Interpersonal issues with people – in the family & around
- Societal conflict – like war & exploitation
- Ecological problems – pollution & resource depletion
This understanding results in living with simplicity, generosity, kindness & benevolence. We can understand ourselves as humans and fulfill our relationships in family, society and nature.
This is happiness.
This is to inform you that based on this understanding of developed human consciousness, the following universal tenets have been understood:
- Knowledge, Wisdom & Science; Reality, Actuality & Truth;
- Universal humane Justice, Religion & Education;
- Basic Structure of Human Society, and
- World Constitution & Organization of Nation States.
We can now live purposeful and meaningful lives.
The expectation of “knowledge” from India has now been completed
भारत से ज्ञान की अपेक्षा पूरी हो चुकी है |
- Madhyasth – means Mediating, the stabilizing aspect in Existence.
- Darshan – or darsana is a direct insight into reality and its exposition
- Saha-Astitva-vad: Coexistential Thought or Coexistentialism, based on the darsana
- Jeevan – name for the conscious aspect, unit
- Jeevan Vidya – program for public dissemination